Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Modesty Shorts

Last night I made modesty shorts for Joey and blogged about it (see I See London, I See France...), but due to technical difficulties the photos weren't published.  Aaargh. 

I purchased six pairs of leggings from babyGap and Target for $3.50 average.  I chose colors that would coordinate with her skirts.  I washed and dried them to preshrink.  Tilt your head to the right to view the photo below.
Last night I only committed to making one pair, so I chose a pair with stripes because those would be easier to make straight, even cuts.  I cut them about two inches longer than I wanted them to be to allow for the hem.  I then turned the shorts inside-out, folded the raw edge twice, and ironed. 
Then I stitched.  Easy peasy.
I'm very pleased with the results.  It would be cute to embellish these shorts with bows, a la Monkeybar Buddies, or even using a Bedazzler.  I'm kidding about the Bedazzler.  Or am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails