Saturday, October 29, 2011

Only 56 days, 7 hours, 3 minutes 'til Christmas...

I am oh so excited (really) that, for the second year in a row, I have the opportunity to critique Shutterfly's holiday cards in exchange for 25 free cards.  What?  I was going to do that anyway.  This is a special promotion for - ahem - bloggers, so if you have a blog, check out the promo here.  I ordered my cards from them last year and I was incredibly pleased with the designs, ease of personalization, and with the quality.  I was so happy with our Christmas card last year that I would order it again, but alas, they have an entirely new collection for 2011.

Yes, maybe it's a little early to be considering Christmas cards, but we're just window shopping here.  Shutterfly prints and ships very quickly, so you can probably put off ordering your cards until mid-December.  But then again, it's nice to get it out of the way. 

Shutterfly offers more than 900 (nine hundred) Christmas and holiday cards to choose from.  If you have an idea of what you're looking for, you can view what you want to view.  You can select as many options as you want under each category.  Personally, I like to look at all of them.  While a "whimsy" card might not be your cup of tea, you never know what will jump out to you.

I am attracted to colorful and modern cards like a magpie is attracted to a pile of nickels.  And I definitely lean toward black and white photographs with colorful designs and text.  Now if your photo needs some doctoring, don't fret.  Shutterfly allows you to edit and add effects to your photos as you're designing your card.

Shutterfly has a convenient compare feature that allows you to select cards and, well, compare them with other cards that you like.  It's much easier than opening multiple cards in separate windows to compare them.  I figured that out the hard way.

These are some designs that I'm considering.  Click on any of these pictures for a direct link to the card on Shutterfly.








With so many options it's tough to make a decision.  Maybe I'll order them all...Shutterfly will let you do that.

Shutterfly also sells gifts, such as personalized photo mugs.  You know that your kids' grandparents need some of those.

Another great gift idea would be a canvas print of a favorite photograph.

And who doesn't need a blanket?


Check out Shutterfly for their complete selection of holiday cards, invitations, photo gifts and more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails