Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Charlotte is Six Months Old!

Charlotte had her six-month check-up yesterday.  I can't believe my baby is already six months!  She is not crawling yet, but she scoots around a good bit.  We started feeding solid foods to Charlotte last week.  So far she's had rice cereal, bananas, and squash, although she's not so impressed with any of those. 


Charlotte weighs 13 lbs and is 25 1/4 inches long.  That puts her in the 10th percentile for weight and the 25th percentile for height.  At her last check-up she was in the 25th percentile for weight and the 50th for height, so the doctor did not like that her percentile changed so much.  I'm hoping that Charlotte's just due for a growth spurt, but I'm going to take her back to the doctor for a weight check in a few weeks.

Charlotte loves day care and adores the ladies who work in the nursery.  When I dropped her off yesterday after her appointment, they asked how Charlotte did with her shots and also asked specifically about her weight.  When I told them that her percentile changed, they told me to bring some food for her.  Now, I knew that I could bring baby food and that they would feed it to her, but these ladies never get a break during the day.  There's always a baby that needs to be fed, changed, or held.  I didn't want to give them extra work if I could help it.  So it really means a lot to me that they offered to feed Charlotte her baby food. 

And Hallelujah!  Charlotte has decided that she loves to sleep!  We had gotten into the bad habits of holding her while she was sleeping, letting her sleep in her carseat, and bed-sharing.  One day last week she was over-tired and would not go to sleep, so I put her down in her crib and walked away.  And miraculously, she went to sleep.  So that night at bedtime I put her in her crib, awake, and she went to sleep!  And she'll sleep for long stretches, too.  She still wakes up once in the middle of the night, wanting to eat, but we'll work on phasing out that feeding.  I'm so grateful to have a good sleeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails