Monday, January 3, 2011

Baby Losavio: 37 Weeks

At 37 weeks Baby Losavio is full-term!  Hooray!  She is about 6 1/3 pounds and more than 19 inches long.  I can't believe that we'll be meeting our daughter so soon!

Last week Paul took some time off work so we took the opportunity to prepare for the baby's arrival.  I planned to clean out Joey's -- er, the kids' -- closet and drawers to make room for the baby's clothes, do mountains of laundry, pack the hospital bag, and assemble the bassinet.  We accomplished a lot but we still have some work to do.  I also began to purge the house like a mad woman.  We are getting rid of broken toys, yucky stained baby clothes, and luggage that we never use, but for now those things are cluttering our hallway.  Paul repaired our vacuum cleaner, which is amazing.  It turns out that you really should clean those things.  Otherwise they will blow up. 

Pregnancy and keeping up with a 35-pound toddler has taken a toll on my back.  It's killing me.  My mother-in-law sent us home from Baton Rouge with her massage stick, which is amazing for relieving tight muscles.  Amazing.  Pregnant friends:  you need this.  Need.  I'm serious.  Come over and I'll get Joey to give you a demonstration.

We have the first of our weekly OB visits this week, and we're having an ultrasound to check the baby's size and position.  I'll post pictures if we get any good ones. My doctor will also check to see if I'm dilating and effacing, which doesn't mean a whole lot, but I hope that my body is starting to make an effort to get this baby out.

Does anyone have a prediction for Baby Losavio's arrival date?  Her due date is January 24, but we're hoping for January 11, because then her birthday would be 1/11/11 and that would just be cool.  But if she comes January 20 or later, she will be an Aquarius, which will be cool too.  If she's an Aquarius, our entire family will be water signs; Paul's Aquarius, I'm Cancer, and Joey is Pisces.  If she comes earlier she'll be Capricorn and the black sheep of the family.* 

According to BabyCenter, we should figure out how to install our car seat this week.  We already know how to do that, but we might install it anyway.  For kicks.  And because it's cluttering my hallway and making me crazy.

*I really don't care what Baby Losavio's Zodiac sign is, of course.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited it's so close!!! And glad to hear that you also wait so long to clean out your vac! Ken just had to do the same thing...after about 3 years of use!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails