Friday, February 4, 2011

Charlotte is 2 Weeks Old!

Today Baby Charlotte had her first appointment with our pediatrician.  When she was born, she weighed 7 pounds 1 ounce and was 19.25 inches long.  Today she weighs 7 pounds 7 ounces and is 21 inches long.  The weight gain might not sound very impressive, but the doctors just like to see that 2-week-old babies are at their birthweight.  I am impressed that she's grown nearly two inches in two weeks.

Baby Charlotte also lost her umbilical cord stump today...

In order to weigh her, I had to undress the baby down to her diaper.  As I was putting her down on the scale, I noticed that she had a belly button which wasn't there before.  I looked down to see the black crusty stump sticking to my coat.  Lovely.

We're still trying to figure out our new definition of "normal."  Fortunately Charlotte is not very demanding because Joey is needing a lot of extra attention. 

Joey (still) adores her baby sister.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails