Thursday, February 24, 2011

Domestic Goddesses Need Help Too

I'm awful at meal planning.  If I can decide on three meals before hitting the grocery store, I feel very organized.  And for me to base my list on the grocery sales -- impossible.  There are a lot of great web resources for saving money at the grocery store by matching sales with available coupons, such as I Heart Publix and Southern Savers, but these require a great deal of organization and don't tell you what to cook.  And these days, I need all the help I can get.

Enter a site that has combined the grocery store sale ad and recipes.  At Food on the Table you select your preferred grocery store(s) and enter your family's food preferences and they suggest recipes!  You can also choose preferences such as saving time or eating healthy recipes.  Other users rate and review recipes, so you're not going in blind.  Users can also submit their own recipes.

Once you've selected your meals for the week, you get a printable shopping list, organized by section.  The site allows you to edit items or quantities and even add items. 

You can plan up to three meals per week for free, or upgrade and plan all of your meals.  Food on the Table even has a free iPhone app.  It's worth a try!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails