Thursday, May 24, 2012

'Naner Pudding

I have officially won an unofficial banana pudding cook-off.  I came in as the underdog against the fan favorite.  Sort of like Rocky.  Maybe.  I've never seen Rocky.

The beauty of this recipe is that it is so simple, but tastes like banana pudding that you might order at a restaurant. 

Banana Pudding

Ingredients

1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese
1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 - 5 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups cold milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 - 8 ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed (you can definitely use more)
4 bananas, sliced
1/2 box vanilla wafers

Directions

1.  In a large bowl (I used my stand mixer), beat cream cheese until fluffy.  Beat in condensed milk, pudding mix, cold milk, and vanilla until smooth.  Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping.

2.  Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish with vanilla wafers.  Arrange sliced bananas evenly over the wafers.  Spread with pudding mixture.  Top with remaining whipped topping.  Chill (overnight if possible, otherwise at least several hours).

I would have liked to include a beautiful picture of my impressive banana pudding, but this is all I have:


The recipe can be found here.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails