Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Holiday Sweet Potatoes

I realized today that Thanksgiving is barely more than 2 weeks away, which means that I've got a lot of work to do over the next two weeks.  Since we've lived in our home we've hosted dinner each year.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I love having friends and family over to celebrate.  The company and the menu are usually the same.  We achieved perfection early. 

This recipe for holiday sweet potatoes is a Losavio family tradition and is a definite crowd-pleaser.  I usually assemble it Thanksgiving Eve, and then bake it the next day while the turkey rests.  I look forward to eating it all year.

Holiday Sweet Potatoes
Serves 12

2 29 oz cans sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
1 stick margarine or butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs, beaten

Mix the above ingredients and spread in a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.  Add topping of:

2 cups light brown sugar
2 cups broken nuts, such as pecans
1 cup self-rising flour
2 sticks margarine or butter, melted

Mix above ingredients and spread over potato mixture.  Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

This Thanksgiving I am grateful for stretchy maternity pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails