Friday, November 19, 2010

The Elf on the Shelf

For a couple of years I've been intrigued by The Elf on the Shelf

The Elf on the Shelf is Santa's special helper who moves into your home during the Christmas season and reports back to Santa whether the kid(s) have been naughty or nice.  The elf travels to the North Pole each night and then comes back each morning to a different spot in the house.  The elf is not supposed to be touched or it will lose it's magic.  The elf is named by the family who adopts him, and you can register his name online and get a message from Santa.  I'm voting to name him Crumpet.

Last year I stalked Barnes & Noble and Amazon waiting for The Elf to go on sale, but didn't have any luck.  This year, armed with a B & N coupon, I bit the bullet and ordered this for our family.  It has excellent consumer reviews and I hope that it will be an effective motivational tool for good behavior.  I think Joey will have a great time searching for the elf each morning, and I also think that Paul and I will enjoy finding new places for it.  We will probably need to use a little creativity by the time Christmas rolls around!

Joey is almost three, and I think that this year will be the first Christmas that she is really aware of what's going on.   It's important to me to establish our family traditions for the holidays.  Maybe the elf will become an inherent part of Joey's Christmas memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails