Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful

I am thankful for my husband, Paul, who provides for our family and puts up with me.  It's not easy.  I am also thankful for my husband's job, even though it requires a moderate amount of travel.  I am also thankful that Paul is able to collect Sky Miles for all this travel. 

I am thankful for my daughter, Josephine.  She's brilliant, creative, silly, and, most importantly, healthy.  I struggle with motherhood sometimes, but I couldn't imagine my life without her.

I am thankful for a healthy pregnancy and for excellent health care.

I am thankful for our home.

I am thankful to have my mom and stepfather nearby to help with Joey, and soon, the new baby. 

I am thankful for Caillou for entertaining my kid and giving me breaks throughout the day.

I am thankful for my wonderful friends and that I'm able to share in their life changes, like marriage, pregnancy, and babies.

I am thankful for my parents, my brother, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.

I am thankful for great in-laws and fabulous brothers- and sisters-in-law.

I am thankful to have a dog who puts up with tail-pulling.

I am thankful that Joey likes to order vanilla milk at Starbucks and isn't yet hooked on the Frappuccino.

I am thankful that Gilt Groupe likes to send me account credits, and that I can occasionally get nice things for my girls for free.

I am thankful for my education.  I may not be "using" it, but things that I've learned have made me who I am.

I am thankful for modern plumbing and the high standards for sanitation in the US.

These are just some of the things that I'm thankful for, and not necessarily in that order.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails