Tuesday, October 19, 2010

DIY: Cocktail Napkins

I had some leftover seersucker fabric from yet another attempt to make a dress for Joey and decided to use it to make cocktail napkins.  Why cocktail napkins?  Why not? 
To make things harder for myself For a more professional outcome, I decided to miter the corners.  After about 30 minutes of trying to figure out how to do it by myself, I searched for an online tutorial.

I wanted my cocktail napkins to be 8 inches square.  I cut my fabric to 10 inches.  Note:  the measurements must be perfect for the mitered corners to work.  I learned this after spending longer than I'd care to admit trying to get it right.  Rather than cutting and folding the fabric (as the tutorial suggests) to get the mitered corner, I did some wacky sewing trick that I may or may not be able to repeat.  It was easier for me, considering that my measurements weren't perfect
Trying to miter the corners by cutting and folding.
It took a while, but I finally ended up with a cocktail napkin.
Only 7 more to do...

Here's an update on the napkin-making process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails